“Sleep Well” – This is the core phrase of melatonin sleep aid! Yes, if you have heard about it then you must know that this is the natural hormone that is very much responsible for you to sleep. But what happens when the pineal gland reduces the production of this hormone? The result is sleeplessness!
Why does melatonin production reduce?
Lack of sleep or insomnia is another horrible effect that is making people sink in the pool of several health hazards. Melatonin production can easily get reduced due to several reasons. For example – age, unhealthy lifestyle (which we all know is very common in present times).
Why do people use melatonin?
The reason is simple. It restarts your body’s internal sleeping clock and ensures that you can sleep effectively on a daily basis. Here are some of the sleeping disorders that melatonin resolves –
- Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome (DSPS)
- Attention Deficit-Hyper Activity Disorder (ADHD)
- Alzheimer disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Anxiety disorder
If you notice, all these are related to lack of sleep. How? Here is a small explanation regarding the same.
When you are not sleeping, there are two things that are drastically affecting your body –
- The brain cells are getting worked up which is deteriorating the sensory functions. In that case, the chemical ‘serotonin,’ which is responsible for triggering pain and uneasiness, has a high level of secretion in the body. It causes a lot of mental ailments, which includes anxiety, depression, ADHD, etc.
- When the body is active and working, there is a continuous process of metabolism going on inside. With oxygen, it burns the stored fat and carb to release energy. But, if the body is not getting enough sleep, the metabolism level reduces, and the rest of the functions also slow down. Hence, obesity, heart issues, gastronomical problems, etc.
This clears the point that sleep is necessary and more than that it is important to sleep naturally. The best way to do is by using melatonin.
How melatonin inhibits sleep cycle?
The main thing this hormone does is to identify day and night (it detects darkness). As soon as the lights are put out, or the sun sets, melatonin signals the body to sleep. If you are taking natural sleep aids which contain melatonin, it will aid you to sleep naturally for 6 to 8 hours. Moreover, as it is a bodily hormone, there is no side effect which you face when you take prescribed drugs. Along with melatonin, these strong sleeping tablets have a supreme combination with other natural herbs like – valerian roots, hops, passion flower and lemon balm to make it all the more effective.
When to take the pill?
It is best to take the pill after 9 pm when the pineal gland is most effective. After taking the oil, it is likely within 15 minutes you will start feeling sleepy.
Tips – Things to avoid making the herbal melatonin pill work best
- Avoid drinking too much coffee or tea before preparing to sleep as it contains caffeine
- Reduce alcohol intake
- Avoid tobacco products
- Don’t keep yourself exposed to blue light (Mobile phone, laptop, computer screen, etc.)
Now that you know how helpful it is to take melatonin, you should know about the best natural sleeping pills too. Dr Backhaus sleep aids is the supreme best sleep aid. Have a great sleep at night and wake up feeling rejuvenated!
Relevant international reading: More Dr Backhaus information can be found in different languages in Danish – melatonin, Swedish – melatonin and Spanish at pastillas para dormir naturales. For prices in sterling take a look via this link sleeping pills uk. Those links will give you relevant information relating to this blog post on melatonin.